I love writing about all the yummy foods I make! Every year I think I’ll struggle finding new recipes, but trust me when I say that is not a problem!! In fact, I usually hit this goal in the first 3-4 months of the year. Pinterest in my bestie. I get just about all my recipes from there. So here is this year’s post on 50 new recipes!
- Cranberry Maple Oatmeal Bake: This cranberry bake is super easy to make and last all week for breakfast. I eat it without the glaze and add a side of yogurt. It’s almost like whipped cream!
2. Chicken con Queso: Who doesn’t love chicken and queso?
3. Cinnamon Apple Pork Chops: I’m not a huge fan of pork chops, but the apples really helped the pork chops taste more flavorful.
4. Air Fried Donuts: Donuts. Need I say more? Super easy and they don’t make you feel as guilty.
5. Waffles: Jason’s been begging for a waffle maker… so guess what we bought with Christmas money? You guessed it! A waffle maker. It’s become quite handy. This was my first one. I swear the others looked much better!
6. Gingerbread Pumpkin Muffins: Yeah, these sound more fall-ish, but I love pumpkin all year round. So good.
7. Air Fried Bagels: I love bagels. They’re my favorite breakfast food- tied with muffins. These easy air-fried bagels have a unique taste to them that I quite like. I just made plain ones, but I would like to experiment more.
8. Pizza Tacos Two fan favorites, combined together. Sounds a little odd, but they were delicious!
9. Ground turkey and sweet potato skillet: This was the first dish I made with my cast iron skillet. I’ve recently become a fan of ground turkey and thoroughly enjoyed this dish.
10. Minestrone Soup: This heart warming soup is perfect for a chilly day. I made it for my lunch and it lasted forever!
11. Gingerbread Oatmeal: Another favorite breakfast food of mine is oatmeal. This oatmeal recipe spiced things up!
12. Peanut Butter Pumpkin Cookies: Another strange sounding recipe, but I promise it’s super good!
13. Air fried bang bang shrimp: I love bang bang shrimp, but making them in the air fryer was soooo much better than the previous recipes I’ve made in oil.
14. Loaded cauliflower and chicken casserole: Cauliflower has become quite popular as a rice substitute. While I’m not a huge fan of cauliflower rice, I do love chopped cauliflower in dishes such as this one.
15. One Pan Chicken & Rice: I’ve had this recipe saved on FB for a while. Finally got around to trying it. It has a strong onion flavor, but you can easily scale back to meet your taste.
16. Braised Short Ribs: These fell right of the bone. So delicious!
17. Spaghetti Squash with Chicken Chili. This was a recipe I found on Instagram from “HealthiCrissi”. I love chili so adding the spaghetti squash was an interesting addition, but I liked it!
18. Apple Pancakes with Oats: I really like breakfast foods so I often try at least two new recipes a month. This apple pancake recipe was super delicious and very filling!
19. Taco salad on Cole slaw: I literally made taco beef and put Cole slaw underneath as opposed to a taco bowl or traditional shredded lettuce. Sounds kinda weird, but it was much lighter than traditional tacos.
20. Chicken and Quinoa Meatballs: Quinoa makes a great substitute for panko crumbs.
21. Turkey Salsa Burgers: We hardly eat red meat anymore, but we still love burgers. I can tell you that this recipe will be making a regular appearance.
22. Honeycrisp Apple Salad: This light salad was a nice change in my lunch schedule.
23. Air Fried Onion Rings: Okay, I LOVE onion rings, but of course, they’re not exactly the best thing for me. While mine didn’t turn out super well, I still thought they were tasty and a nice alternative.
24. Sesame Chicken: This dish wasn’t anything great or not so great because I honestly don’t remember much about it.
25. Tumeric-garlic shrimp: These shrimp has a little kick to them, which is great because shrimp don’t have a lot of flavor on their own. However, this wasn’t my favorite.
26. Molten Lava Cake: As big fans of Master Chef, Jason loves when they make souffles or lava cakes. So I decided to make one myself! Turned out perfect. Gordon Ramsey would have been proud.
27. Breakfast Casserole: These breakfast casserole was packed with lots of goodies, perfect for breakfast and served with toast!
28. Superfood Breakfast Cookies: While these cookies have “breakfast” in the title, these cookies are perfect at anytime of day!
29. Earl Grey Blackberry Scones: FAN FAVORITE! A must-try! Jason and I absolutely loved these. I made them for myself and he liked them
30. Crab Wangoon Cheese Wontons: I love using my air fryer because it makes it so easy to make things like this!
31. Veggies Spring Rolls: I love spring rolls. They’re quick and easy to make! And it’s a great way to eat my veggies.
32. Healthy Turkey Stuffed Peppers: We love eating stuffed peppers. My SIL made something similar for us one time and we really liked them so of course I had to find a recipe for them. I have several versions of stuffed peppers and I’m not mad about it.
33. Beef Bourguignon: So good! I was nervous about how this would turn out, but I paired it with some carrots and potatoes- the perfect mash up!
34. Slow Cooker Honey Chicken: I was not a fan of this. I thought the chicken had a weird taste, but Jason liked it okay.
35. Balsamic Basil Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Bowl: This recipe was not very memorable, but we liked it well enough. Maybe I’ll make it again?
36. Seafood Mac & Cheese: I love a good seafood mac & cheese but we don’t usually get it unless we’re out and about. This turned out way better than expected!
37. Shrimp and Spinach Tortellini: Another solid addition our menu!
38. Chunky Monkey Breakfast Cookies: Oh these were so good! I love trying new breakfast foods and these were a huge hit! Definitely need to make them again.
39. Roasted Butternut Squash Broccoli Cheddar Chicken: I liked this okay, but I don’t know that I would make it again.
40. Greek Fries: Absolutely delicious! Jason loves Greek food so I thought this would be something interesting to try. I was pleasantly surprised!
41. Turkey & Swiss Sloppy Joes: This was a huge fail. Not sure what went wrong here, but I was not a fan! If I remember correctly, Jason didn’t hate them as much as I did. But they still weren’t great.
42. Chocolate Avocado Pudding: I have a weakness for sweets. This “healthier” version of chocolate pudding is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
43. French Toast Sticks: I love French Toast. I get it all the time when we go out for brunch. I figured why not make it at home? They are super easy and delicious!
44. Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins: Banana and chocolate is one of my favorite food combinations. These muffins were a hit all around!
45. Chicken Biryani: I love making my version of Indian food at home. This dish was no exception and it turned out well!
46. Brussels Sprouts, Cranberry & Quinoa Salad: The taste of the salad itself was good, but the texture through me off. Too many things going on at once!
47. Teriyaki Chicken Meatballs: I like chicken meatballs so I thought I would give this recipe a go. While they were good, they weren’t my favorite. There was definitely some better options out there.
48. Old Bay Shrimp Burritos: These are so good! I’ve made them multiple times. I love shrimp on the spicier side. Perhaps because shrimp doesn’t have a lot of taste by itself. These burritos spice things up and are easy to make.
49. Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich: I am not very good at incorporating veggies into my lunch. This sandwich, which is all veggies, is a fun way for me to add more veggies into my diet. I highly recommend them sandwich, especially for a summer picnic!
50. Green Monster Veggie Muffins: Sometimes green foods don’t always taste great when mixed into baked goods. These muffins are certainly an exception! We ate them very quickly!